Kids. Not even in my thoughts. I wasn't ready! I wanted more time alone with my husband. I wanted more time for ME.
But then the impressions came. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones you don't want because you don't want to hear it. But they weren't leaving. Baby. Children. Start a family.
What??!! NOW?! But I've only been married a few months? I haven't had enough time with the hubby?? I'm not ready?! What will people say? What will people think and not say?!
Fine. I'll talk to The Hubby. And maybe if he's felt the same.....
Oh. You too? Huh. Well okay.
And so my journey begins. Of course I wan't worried that things would take long. My older brother was a honeymoon baby for goodness sake! But they did. And then the comments and questions came.
When you gonna have kids? You're not pregnant are you? Are you 'trying'? How many kids do you want? You know it's a commandment to "multiply and replenish the earth"! You're body's not going to wait forever! Don't you want children? Children are a blessing from the Lord, you know?
Or
I'm so tired of being pregnant! I can't wait to get this baby out of me! You should be glad you waited to have kids. After six girls I decided to stop trying to have a boy!
What I wouldn't give to be "tired of being pregnant" or to be able to say "stopped trying".... (although I vowed I would never say those words)
And then the heartache came...
What is wrong with me? What am I not doing right? If I can just be perfect in my calling....my visiting teaching...my scripture study...in my faith...my tithing....my LIFE... then maybe the Lord would bless me with a child.
Did you ever noticed that when you are not pregnant and wanting to be, everyone else seems to be? And it doesn't take them as long as you? And they are always so much younger? And you are in a better position in life to raise a child? Basically it doesn't make sense, does it? No. I think that this life isn't about human sense. And most of us will probably never know Godly sense in this life. I read a quote once from Elder Maxwell that went something like this (paraphrasing here) "trust God enough to trust also His timing".
Can I trust enough to trust His timing? I think that is the hardest trust in this life. Timing. Especially when it comes to children. Timing. Whether the children come easy or whether they come so very hard. Timing. So tricky when trying to conceive. Timing - So hard to trust The Lord with, in this frail human existence. Why?
I think that this is my lot in life. To learn this principle, if non else. How to trust The Lord in his timing. Not just to trust Him, but to trust His timing. And then when I think I've got it down - I've given the only thing I have to give Him, I've trusted in Him and have been blessed. Then, He gives me another opportunity to really learn TRUST.
And so here I am. Writing this blog. And learning to trust the timing of The Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment